AREAS OF PRACTICE
An unexpected accident has the potential to turn your life upside down. Mounting medical bills, a sudden inability to work, and pain and suffering that prevent you from enjoying the activities you once did can all change your life in an instant.
When these accidents are the fault of another’s carelessness, they are even more tragic. However, there are legal remedies in place that can allow you to seek justice and hold those responsible for your injuries financially accountable. If you were injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
To see if you may qualify for compensation, contact Whitfield Coleman Montoya for a free legal consultation. We are one of the top personal injury law firms in Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Georgia and have recovered over $1 billion in total compensation for our injured clients.
Examples of Personal Injury Lawsuits
Whitfield Coleman Montoya assists individuals who have been injured in the following type of personal injury accidents.
Property owners are required to maintain safe premises for visitors. This includes fixing and/or warning guests of safety hazards within a reasonable time frame. If they fail to do so and you are injured as a result, the property owner may be held liable.
Examples of premises liability cases include:
- Poorly constructed or maintained buildings that eventually collapse and injure inhabitants.
- Shootings that occur at a nightclub or bar due to inadequate security.
- Injuries that occur due to a defective escalator in a retail store.
- An apartment building fire that starts because a landlord failed to install or maintain smoke detectors, fire alarms, or sprinklers.
- Uncovered swimming pool drains that cause entrapment injuries.
Slip & Trips
Slips, trips, and falls can result in severe injuries, including broken and fractured bones, head injuries, back injuries, and more.
If an owner of a store, restaurant, or similar property failed to address a slip and trip hazard and you were injured as a result, you may have a personal injury case.
Examples of negligence that can cause a slip and trip include a failure to mop up spills, fix broken handrails, warn visitors of uneven flooring, or apply de-icing solutions near the entrance of a building during winter.
If you are bitten by someone else’s dog, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Dog owners are required to protect others from a possible attack. If they keep their dogs off-leash, unsecured in a yard, or fail to take reasonable measures to prevent an attack and you are bitten as a result, they may be held liable.
Nursing Home Abuse
Entrusting a nursing home facility with the care of a parent or similar relative is not an easy decision to make. If your loved one is ever neglected or abused, you may be able to hold the facility financially accountable.
According to the World Health Organization, two out of every three nursing home employees reported committing abuse within the last year. Nursing home abuse may include physical abuse, sexual abuse, failure to properly administer medications, failure to maintain safe premises, or neglecting personal hygiene.
If you or a loved one are ever injured in a crash caused by another driver or party, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Here are a few examples of the types of accidents that our Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and Georgia personal injury lawyers can help with:
- Cars: If you are injured by an at-fault driver whose recklessness and negligence caused an accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your pain and suffering and related financial losses. Examples of negligence include distracted driving, speeding, and a failure to obey traffic laws.
- Trucks: Truck companies are required to regularly maintain their vehicles, hire qualified drivers, and ensure their drivers are well rested in order to drive safely. If one of their trucks or drivers was at fault for an accident, the truck company may be held liable.
- Motorcycles: Motorcycle accident injuries are typically more severe than injuries involving other motor vehicle accidents. In 2019, 84,000 motorcyclists were injured in crashes. If your accident was the fault of another driver, our personal injury lawyers can help ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses.
- Watercraft: Accidents with or on cruise ships, boats, and similar watercraft may be the result of the owner or operator’s negligence.
- Pedestrian: If you or a loved one are hit by a car while crossing the road, you may be able to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Train: If you are injured in a train derailment, crash, or similar accident, you may be able to seek justice against the relevant transit company.
- Aviation: Depending on the cause of your crash, airline companies, plane manufacturers, or similar parties may be held liable for your injuries.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Any type of accident can be an overwhelming experience. The personal injury attorneys at Whitfield Coleman Montoya understand this, which is why they will do everything within their power to ensure you have the financial resources necessary to heal and recover from your injuries.
Specifically, Whitfield Coleman Montoya can help with the following:
- Investigating your accident: We’ll gather evidence to help determine any negligent parties who may be responsible for your injuries.
- Filing a claim for compensation: Our personal injury attorneys will prepare and submit all of the relevant paperwork necessary to file a claim with the negligent party’s insurance company.
- Negotiating for fair compensation: Our lawyers will help you spot unreasonably low settlement offers and will negotiate for compensation that covers the full extent of your past and future losses. If we are unable to reach an agreement with the insurance company, we’ll take your case to trial and fight for a favorable jury verdict.
Personal Injury Compensation
A personal injury lawsuit may help you recover compensation for the following losses:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages while you are unable to work
- Loss of earning potential
- Pain and suffering
Why Hire Whitfield Coleman Montoya?
Whitfield Coleman Montoya is one of the top personal injury law firms in Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and Georgia. Our lawyers know the ins and outs of personal injury laws and we know the tactics insurance companies often use to try to minimize compensation. To date, our collective skills and experience have helped us recover over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for our injured clients.
When you have been injured in an accident, you not only need a lawyer who has the litigation experience to help you secure fair compensation, but you also need someone on your side who empathizes with what you are going through. We care because your health and legal rights matter. That is why Whitfield Coleman Montoya will fight tirelessly on your behalf to ensure justice is served.
To learn more about how we may be able to help you, schedule a free legal consultation. If you choose to work with us, we offer a no-fee promise: We won’t get paid unless you get paid.
At Whitfield Coleman Montoya, we seek justice and fair compensation for our clients who have suffered a personal injury due to no fault of their own. Let us take the burden of fighting for your rights off your shoulders.
Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to obtain settlements in cases when a claim may have otherwise have been denied. And they will fight relentlessly to get you the maximum financial compensation for your claim.
At Whitfield Coleman Montoya, we’re on your side. We have decades of experience in personal injury law. Our attorneys are well-known throughout the Pacific Northwest as reputable, leading plaintiff’s injury lawyers.
We are the firm to call if you have suffered a personal injury at the hands of someone else’s carelessness or negligence.
Find out if you have a compensable claim today. Contact Whitfield Coleman Montoya for a free case evaluation. We only charge a fee if we win your injury claim.
800 S. Gay Street
Knoxville, TN 37929
518 Monroe St.
Nashville, TN 37208
19 N. Main St.
Madisonville, KY 42431
1000 Highland Colony Pkwy
Ridgeland, MS 39157
201 Alhambra Circle, Suite 1100
Coral Gables, FL 33134